Hypnotherapist convinces panel to hand over awards
Making people feel sleepy is not usually commendable, but one woman has not only made a career out of it, but is now best in the UK.
Lorraine McReight picked up two awards at the eleventh conference for the Association for Professional for Hypnosis and Psychotherapy at the weekend.
The former holistic therapist of 15 years, took home the best technique and also the chairmans award, after deciding to turn to hypnotherapy in 2008 and opening her centre on Durnsford Road, on the Wimbledon and Wandsworth border, in 2010.
She said: "It was wonderful to get the awards. I won the best technique for my work with a victim of domestic violence, and I won the chairman's award.
"It's a huge accomplishment. Although the chairmans's award is huge, I really didn't know where I was going to put it."
- Dozens gather for carols by candlelight at Wimbledon Village Stables
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Merton's Young Advisors meet MPs
- Lawyer raises £10,000 for autism charity after Christmas carol concert
- Support group for disadvantaged adults nominated for Merton Civic Award
Comments are closed on this article.