Former News of the World journalist Ian Edmondson from Raynes Park to stand trial over phone hacking allegations
A former News of The World journalist from Raynes Park is set to stand trial over allegations of phone hacking alongside its former chief executive Rebekah Brooks.
Ian Edmondson, 44, former head of news at the title, is set to stand trial at the Old Bailey over accusations he conspired with Mrs Brooks, Andy Coulson, former News of the World Editor, and the newspaper’s ex-managing editor, Stuart Kuttner, 73, from Woodford Green in Essex, to illegally intercept voicemail messages between October 2000 and August 2006.
A total of eight defendants are involved in a trial which was opened at the Old Bailey on Monday with the prosecution set to make its opening statements tomorrow.
All deny the charges.
The trial could last up to six months.
- Merton's leading men sign up as domestic abuse 'champions'
- The Wimbledon Guild Celebrates 106th birthday
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- Roof fire at flat in Morden
- Christian who refused to work on Sundays loses Court of Appeal battle