Huge tree smashes into flats in Mitcham
As well as mass disruption to trains coming in and out of Wimbledon, a tree has fallen onto a block of flats in Mitcham - blocking in residents and smashing windows.
Residents of a housing estate on Rawnsley Avenue, Mitcham, woke up to find a tree in their living room window.
Leader of the council Stephen Alambritis, who also represents Ravensbury ward, said: "I was emailed by residents in my ward in Ravensbury this morning at around 9am.
"A huge tree uprooted at 6:20am and is against the back of their flats.
"I've spoken to Merton Priory Homes, and with tree officers here in the council I am pleased to say the tree will be removed today and tomorrow."
No injuries were reported.
- Wimbledon Broadway to be part-pedestrianised in £32m cycling haven plan
- Johnny Cash's family give seal of approval to Wimbledon tribute act
- Fundraisers to sleep rough 'so other don't have to'
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
Comments are closed on this article.