London Road Mitcham office block and shops could be turned into flats
A proposal has been submitted to transform an office block and shopping parade into 32 apartments.
Justin Plaza, in London Road, Mitcham, currently houses takeaways, convenience stores, office space and some flats on the upper floor.
Developers Lodgecrest are proposing to redevelop the site into 32 flats, with 28 car parking spaces and 32 bicycle parking spaces.
Plans are in place to expand the 1,753sqm site, creating one bed or two bed apartments.
Merton Council refused planning permission in August this year after developers did not give any details for parking spaces.
The fresh application contains more details on parking, but the site will still lose 21 car-parking spaces.
A document submitted to the council said: "The site is currently supported by forty-nine parking spaces, with the largest group located to the rear of the site and comprising twenty-one spaces.
"There is a further group of 15 spaces located in front of the rear building, intermittent banks along the primary access providing nine spaces and four spaces in front of the building."
A decision is expected on November 7 by the council's planning committee.
- Man treated for head injury after bus crash on flyover
- Sick children visited by AFC Wimbledon players at St George's Hospital
- Want life to go more sweetly? 'Be good to each other', says war veteran on 100th birthday
- PICTURES: Morden lights up for Christmas
- PICTURES: Wimbledon commuters greeted by children singing carols
Comments are closed on this article.