Mitcham scout leader takes on 42km challenge
An assistant scout leader covered 42,000 metres in just four hours through a combination of swimming, cycling and rowing.
Andrew Jones took on the mammoth task on Saturday at St Peter & St Paul Primary School, Cricket Green, Mitcham to raise funds for new flooring for Mitcham 11th Scout hut, Mitcham Park.
The existing flooring was laid in the 70s Other fundraising activities have included bake sales, skipathons and sponsored silences in an effort to raise £4,200.
These activities are in aid of replacing the flooring which has been there since the 70’s.
So far £1177.74 has been collected.
- Epsom, St Helier and Sutton hospitals among safest in country, says new report
- Hair hanger spills secrets of 'shock n' roll' Circus of Horrors
- 'One in a million' nursery worker works 10 hour shifts and cares for terminally ill relative
- Panto star Matthew Kelly to open Wimbledon charity's Christmas party
- Man treated for head injury after bus crash on flyover
Comments are closed on this article.