Colliers Wood school, Singlegate Primary, sets up innovative scheme to get pupils fit
Students at Singlegate Primary School in Colliers Wood are welcoming in the new school term by becoming fit and active.
The school’s Singlegate Gets Fit scheme will work with a range of professionals including personal trainers, dance teachers and sport specialists.
There will be daily fitness activities for children from years one to six and sessions once a week for foundation stage children to improve their health and fitness in a fun and energetic way.
The scheme will also help families, staff and the local community to make physical activity become part of everyday life.
Those involved will get the chance develop interests in a range of sports, increase fitness and learn the benefits of being active.
Nathalie Bull, executive headteacher, said: "This initiative will be the initiative to beat and follow.
"Each month we focus on a different sport and we have some really exciting assemblies planned to help motivate and inspire our school community."
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- Roof fire at flat in Morden
- Christian who refused to work on Sundays loses Court of Appeal battle
- VIDEO: CCTV shows calm killer as he flees betting shop murder
- Floodlit games pitches planned on bat foraging conservation area
Comments are closed on this article.