Residents warned of bogus caller offering 'free' medical treatments
A salesman has been reported to Merton Council after tricking his way into the homes of several residents by claiming to offer free medical treatments.
Residents reported the cold caller to the police and the council after receiving unsolicited phone calls offering free treatment for medical conditions and then trying to arrange to visit them in their homes.
On one occasion the salesman stayed for two hours at a person’s home trying to sell a bed for £2,500 which was eventually reduced to £900.
Anyone who has been approached by a company offering free treatment can report it to Merton Council Trading Standards by calling 020 8545 4018.
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Merton's Young Advisors meet MPs
- Lawyer raises £10,000 for autism charity after Christmas carol concert
- Support group for disadvantaged adults nominated for Merton Civic Award
- Mountain climber died after guide missed signs of altitude sickness
Comments are closed on this article.