Mitcham market hosts first food festival
Dozens of stall holders set up shop in Mitcham this weekend for an inaugural food festival.
Organised by community group OneMitcham, who is working to regenerate the town centre as part of the larger £6.2m Rediscover Mitcham project, the event showcased the multicultural culinary delights of Mitcham.
Councillor Stephen Alambritis, leader of Merton Council said: "Events such as the Food Festival are really exciting for Mitcham and they are just one part of the work we are doing with OneMitcham to help us revitalise the town centre.
"The food festival should offer an opportunity for the community to come and make the most of their area whilst enjoying new tastes and flavours together."
The group is planning a winter event to round up a year of celebrations with more events set for 2014.
For more information visit onemitcham.com
(L-R) Andrea Colquhoun, Amy Godfrey, Faye Lai Sang, Dominique Wilkinson and Silvio Palladino cook up some spicy food.
- Jail for Mitcham man who drove strangled woman to Birmingham following family honour killing
- Water company pledges to freeze bills for five years
- Give the greatest gift this Christmas: Help Guide Dogs UK to change lives
- Merton's leading men sign up as domestic abuse 'champions'
- The Wimbledon Guild Celebrates 106th birthday
Comments are closed on this article.