Mitcham market hosts first food festival
Dozens of stall holders set up shop in Mitcham this weekend for an inaugural food festival.
Organised by community group OneMitcham, who is working to regenerate the town centre as part of the larger £6.2m Rediscover Mitcham project, the event showcased the multicultural culinary delights of Mitcham.
Councillor Stephen Alambritis, leader of Merton Council said: "Events such as the Food Festival are really exciting for Mitcham and they are just one part of the work we are doing with OneMitcham to help us revitalise the town centre.
"The food festival should offer an opportunity for the community to come and make the most of their area whilst enjoying new tastes and flavours together."
The group is planning a winter event to round up a year of celebrations with more events set for 2014.
For more information visit onemitcham.com
(L-R) Andrea Colquhoun, Amy Godfrey, Faye Lai Sang, Dominique Wilkinson and Silvio Palladino cook up some spicy food.
- Wimbledon teen through to finals of national singing competition
- Public meeting to discuss free primary school plan
- Passenger injured after Kingston University bus and car collide on A3
- Councillor threatened at gunpoint backs Safe Bet campaign
- Major improvements to Wandle Valley to be unveiled at exhibition
Comments are closed on this article.