Fans queue round the block in Wimbledon for new GTA 5 game
Computer game fanatics queued in the cold outside Wimbledon's HMV Curson last night for the chance to be one of the first to get their hands on the latest instalment of the ultra-violent Grand Theft Auto series.
The store in The Broadway opened at 12.01am today to sell Grand Theft Auto 5, which had been under strict embargo, and despite the sudden dip in temperature over the past few days, fans were prepared to brave the cold to get their hands on the game.
Picture Credit: Ben Stevens
Grand Theft Auto first burst onto the scene in 1997 sparking huge controversy for the subject matter, as players controlled a criminal character hell bent on mayhem.
Since then the series has gone on to become one of the most successful in computer gaming history.
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
- Merton's Young Advisors meet MPs
- Lawyer raises £10,000 for autism charity after Christmas carol concert
- Support group for disadvantaged adults nominated for Merton Civic Award
- Mountain climber died after guide missed signs of altitude sickness
Comments are closed on this article.