Mitcham restaurant Chak 89 boss crowned 'Curry King'
The managing director of an award-winning curry house has been crowned the Curry King.
Frank Khalid, who runs Chak 89 in Bond Road, Mitcham, was presented with the award at the third annual English Curry Awards 2013, at Salford City Stadium in Manchester.
Mr Khalid said: "It is an absolute honour to win the awards.
"It is all the hard work that pays off at the end and we look forward to growing bigger and bigger every day."
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Stunning photo of heron lands teen place in national competition
- The day The Beatles came to Wimbledon
- Police officer awarded for bravery after saving kids from burning coach
Comments are closed on this article.