Masterchef's Gregg Wallace gives seal of approval to new South Thames College catering academy in Morden
MasterChef presenter Gregg Wallace has given his approval to South Thames College’s new hospitality and catering academy.
The 5.7m facility, based at the college’s Merton Campus, opened on September 4 and will offer courses for all ages, from beginner to university level.
Students will also gain real world experience by learning their trade in the college’s commercial restaurant, which will be open to the public by the end of the year.
The academy comes at a welcome time when the hospitality industry is expected to grow by almost two percent this year.
Mr Wallace, who lives in Putney, said: "In London there’s a growing demand for talented hospitality and catering staff so it’s brilliant that South Thames College has invested in the future of the industry - and the future of local students."
- Fundraisers to sleep rough 'so other don't have to'
- Firefighters urge drunken cooks to get themselves a takeaway during pension strikes
- Partygoers get in the festive spirit with karaoke
- Stunning photo of heron lands teen place in national competition
- The day The Beatles came to Wimbledon
Comments are closed on this article.