Merton Council puts forward plans to extend library opening hours
Opening hours at two of Merton's libraries could be extended under plans put forward by the council.
The council is also proposing that West Barnes Library opens for an additional half day on Wednesdays.
Councillor Nick Draper, cabinet member for community and culture, said: "I am delighted that our good organisational and financial management means that we can extend opening hours at Colliers Wood and West Barnes libraries at no extra cost.
"We know how important libraries are to our residents and, despite these difficult economic times, we have fought hard to ensure that not a single library in Merton has closed whilst extending opening hours at all of our libraries. "
A consultation with the friend's of each library will be carried out before any changes are implemented.
- Wimbledon bus lane fines jump by 4,000 per cent in just three years
- New retirement home and care centre on Nelson Hospital site take shape
- BBC's 'Urban Birder' speaks of South London Incinerator heartbreak
- Dozens gather for carols by candlelight at Wimbledon Village Stables
- African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust urges shoppers to give the gift of life this Christmas
Comments are closed on this article.