Time to find out 'What's Going on in Colliers Wood'
More than thirty different community groups will attend an open day this weekend with the great and the good of Colliers Wood.
Organised by Making Colliers Wood Happy, the brainchild of residents association chairman Keith Spears, 'What's Going On in Colliers Wood' is aimed at residents interested in taking up a new hobby, finding a support group, or volunteering.
Funded by Merton Priory Homes, the event will feature the Dance Express school and The Colliers Wood Ukulele Orchestra.
Penny Rowland Hill, MPH’s community development officer, said: “'What’s Going on in Colliers Wood’ is a fantastic initiative that proves there’s a community group out there for everyone – whatever your interest or needs.
“This is just one of hundreds of community initiatives supported by funding from the Merton Priory Homes Community Fund.”
The ‘What’s Going on in Colliers Wood’ event takes place on Saturday, January 26, from 11am to 5pm at Colliers Wood Community Centre, in the High Street.
Other groups attending the event are:
- The Positive Network
- Little League Football
- Sustainable Merton
- Merton Adult Education
- Deen City Farm
- Merton Mind
- Christ Church
- The Association of Filipino Families
- The Colliers Wood Chorus
- Ballroom dancing
- The Rambling Group
- Merton Abbey Horticultural Society
- The Johmard Centre
- St. Joseph's Church
- The Safer Neighbourhood Police Team
- The Association of Polish Families
- The South London Cultural and Arts Group
- The Colliers Wood Pastorate of the QRBC.
- The Badminton and Table-tennis Club
- The Colliers Wood Chess Club.
- Dance Express
- The Greensleeves Morris Men
- The Woodcraft Folk
- Merton Vision
- The Colour House Children's Theatre
- BB's Blues Club
- Merton Credit Union
- The Community Centre Association
- The Colliers Wood Residents Association
- Tennis Coaching
- Wimbledon Fire Brigade
For more information visit collierswoodresidentsassociation.org.uk.