Recipe: One pan roast chicken, beetroot, potatoes & carrots
10:00am Saturday 22nd December 2012 in Freetime
An easy single-pan roast lunch of chicken, beetroot, potatoes & carrots with olive oil, garlic & white wine
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
500g new potatoes, cut into wedges
250g pack cooked beetroot, cut into half
250g Chantenay carrots, or 250g large carrots peeled & cut into 2cm chunks
1 onion, cut into large dice
3 cloves garlic, cut into fine slices
2-3 sprigs of thyme
175ml white wine
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 chicken legs
salt & freshly ground black pepper
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6
2. In a large roasting tin, mix the potatoes, beetroot, carrots, onion and garlic.
3. Drizzle over the olive oil and pour over the wine, and tuck the thyme in between the vegetables. Season well with salt & pepper.
4. Season the chicken legs all over with salt and pepper and lay them on top of the vegetables. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the foil from the tin and return to the oven. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is golden and crisp and the vegetable are cooked through.
Submitted by www.lovebeetroot.co.uk