Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Christmas spirit has well and truly arrived at the Wimbledon Guild
- Volunteers dig deep to paint fences and plant flowers in the community
- Dig around in the Wandle: Treasure hunt events coming up
- Interview with Tiff Stevenson: the stand-up comedian talks feminism, the Kardashians and inspiration ahead of her Wimbledon show
- New chair of governors at school where headteacher and former chair left suddenly speaks out