Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Delicious cheesecake crowned winner at Harvest Festival
- Teenager stabbed five times on Croydon tram by knifeman
- Sewage stench means disabled man unable to eat in his own home
- AFC Wimbledon bid 'weak' in face of greyhound proposals, report on Plough Lane finds
- Colliers Wood man walks free after sting by the 'fake sheikh' who targeted X Factor's Tulisa unravels in court