Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Landlord will not appeal rejected flat bid for much-loved coffee shop
- Merton Art Society celebrates 50th anniversary with exhibition
- Visitors take a sneak peak into historic cricket pavilion as iconic buildings open around London
- Man dies after being hit by train
- Police appeal for witnesses after car and moped crash into pedestrian