Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene (From Wimbledon Guardian)
Archive - Monday, 7 April 2014
Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Police hunting for woman after two 'distressing' assaults at underground stations in south west London
- Review: Top Hat dazzles with tap dancing and beautiful costumes at New Wimbledon Theatre
- No-one claims kitten found meowing outside family's home
- Family's long ordeal set to end with son's return following US terror sentence
- Family remember teenager who died in Marchioness Thames tragedy 25 years on