Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Company fined after scaffolder nearly died in Sainsbury's roof plunge
- Where's the money? Drug kingpins earn extra 16 years behind bars after failing to stump up criminal cash
- Pippi Longstocking and Batman welcome education minister to launch young writer competition on World Book Day
- Who’s been stealing this week? 16 people convicted by the courts this week for thefts
- Man and woman taken to hospital after motorbike and cyclist crash near Tooting station