Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene (From Wimbledon Guardian)
Archive - Monday, 7 April 2014
Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Thousands celebrate Eid at Baithul Futuh Mosque in Morden
- Man arrested for 'threatening to shoot drinking partners'
- Man charged with raping 14-year-old girl in Wandle Park is remanded in custody
- Free school secures funding less than two months before start of term
- Garden centre prepares to close as National Trust indicates takeover