Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- Family pays tribute to hero Colliers Wood man killed at Old Street station trying to save brother
- Leading GP declines to support Epsom and St Helier A&E and maternity hopes as fears of post-election cuts resurface
- Swings and roundabouts - parents slam council over 'infuriating' playground layout
- 18-year-old stabbed outside community centre in 'revenge attack'
- Merton Civic Awards: Wimbledon BookFest director recognised for making a success of festival