Find by date
Other ways to search
Also look for
Firearms incident shuts Wimbledon Station - two arrested as police hunt man who fled scene
A firearms incident near to Wimbledon station caused police to temporarily shut down the station.
Wimbledon Station was shut for over an hour yesterday afternoon.
British Transport Police (BTP) and firearms officers were called the station at 4.27pm on Sunday, April 6.
There are no reports shots were fired or anyone was injured.
Police said two suspects, both 18-years-old, are in custody.
A third man had fled the scene before police arrived and officers are investigating to establish his whereabouts.
Wimbledon station reopened at about 6pm.
- 'World's most dangerous circus act' to be performed in Merton this month
- Here are Merton's marathon runners who will take to London's streets next weekend
- Four men jailed for more than 25 years for masked armed robbery
- Traditional country show to transform National Trust park over Bank Holiday weekend
- Do you know an outstanding young person who deserves recognition for going the extra mile?